dimanche 10 février 2013

Your Daily digest for pipe naruto

pipe naruto
Pipes Output
thumbnail Ixion Saga DT - Episode 18
Feb 10th 2013, 18:00


thumbnail AKB0048 - Episode 1 - The Indelible Dream
Feb 10th 2013, 15:30


thumbnail AKB0048 - Episode 2 - The Chosen Lights
Feb 10th 2013, 15:30


thumbnail AKB0048: next stage - Episode 5
Feb 10th 2013, 15:30


thumbnail Ishida & Asakura - Episode 6 - Nanako and Asakura
Feb 10th 2013, 15:00


Asakura saves Kinoshita-sensei's daughter from a traffic accident, and it would seem to be fate, but something is missing from the equation...

thumbnail Vividred Operation - Episode 5 - Another Key
Feb 10th 2013, 15:00


One morning, Akane sees her classmate, Rei Kuroki, playing with some birds. Akane and the girls invite Rei to join their group for summer classes. Meanwhile, Kenjiro and Shijou realize it's possible the Alone are being controlled by a third party…

thumbnail Hunter x Hunter - Episode 66
Feb 10th 2013, 04:30


thumbnail Space Brothers - Episode 44 - Three Astronauts
Feb 10th 2013, 04:00


Oxygen generation system Brian arrives just in time to save Hibito. Once he and Damian are rescued and back at Moonbase, he reflects on the astronauts who saved him.

thumbnail Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker - Episode 109 - The Birth of the Cardfight Club?!
Feb 10th 2013, 02:30


The Cardfight Club needs just one more member to become an official club, but the deadline is only hours away! Misaki seems to be their best hope, but does she want to join? Will Kourin even agree to give her a shot? And even if the answer is yes to both... Misaki will have to fight and beat one of the strongest members of the club to be accepted!

thumbnail Little Busters! - Episode 03 - I Like Cute Things
Feb 10th 2013, 02:00


thumbnail Little Busters! - Episode 04 - To Make a Happy, Sunny Place
Feb 10th 2013, 02:00


thumbnail Little Busters! - Episode 18
Feb 10th 2013, 02:00


thumbnail Folktales from Japan - Episode 45
Feb 10th 2013, 01:30


thumbnail Bottom Biting Bug - Episode 18
Feb 10th 2013, 00:30


Creative Spotlight: Episode #199 – Akiko Stehrenberger
Feb 8th 2013, 00:04

akikoheader

Akiko Stehrenberger began her career in New York doing spot illustrations for SPIN, The Source, New York Press, Filter, XXL, and more. Upon moving back to Los Angeles in 2004, she became an art director/designer for movie posters while maintaining steady freelance illustration for magazines, character and toy design, cd album artwork, and portraiture. How lucky were we to stumble upon her work? Having seen her work for years but finally learning about the woman behind it was a real treat for us. Read below for the full interview…

For the Funny Games poster you had a strong opinion on how the outcome of the poster should be. As an art director how do you know which battles to pick and which to pursue to retain the integrity of a design?

Akiko: For me it’s just personal preference. If a film or director is important to me, I’ll fight for what I feel is right. I prefer smaller films because there are less committees making decisions and watering down to appeal to the masses. It’s not worth it to me to fight over an action, romantic comedy, or big budget movie as I find their advertising formulaic and I favor projects open to more creative work.

akiko4

It seems that the art of movie posters has died over the years, and has resorted to mundane designs or ‘floating heads’. Being well-versed in poster advertising, is your intent to bring art back into that undustry?

Akiko: I’d be lying if I said it was my intention to try to change the industry when I first got into it. My main goal was to do work I was proud of and eventually people started appreciating it and asking for more of it. Leaving a small influence and getting to work with some of the best creative directors in this industry, is just the cherry on top!

What brought upon your decision to leave New York and freelance in L.A.?

Akiko: I moved back to LA because my mother was sick. I loved New York, and always will. I still miss the ambition and public transportation, but I’m now at the age where I like my space and having peace and quiet.

As a person who like traditional work using acrylics and graphite, what enjoyment do you get out of digital art? Do you enjoy switching between the two mediums?

Akiko: I was apprehensive to do things digitally at first because it felt like cheating to me. It still does, but for as quickly as the movie poster advertising industry deadlines are, it definitely comes in handy and allows me to push illustration without having to ask for special time exceptions. My illustrated work is often presented with a bunch of photographic based work from other designers and poster shops. If I want illustration to have a chance, I have to be able to revise and create things as quickly as the other designs are presented. When appropriate I try to do things as hand done as possible. I enjoy switching between mediums because I like challenging myself and often feel certain ones communicate better for certain projects. As far as my personal work, I will still only keep to tangible traditional media.

akiko3

As an active panelist and college mentor, what is the one thing you try to get across as a lesson to people that are willing to listen to your advice?

Akiko: With the internet bringing instant gratification and mass content that goes as quickly as it comes, I still encourage quality over quantity. I don’t believe in cutting corners just because the world now has ADD or just sees something small online. The people I like working with most, appreciate attention to details, which is almost becoming a lost art form these days.

You also do toy design as well. Does this include vinyl? I know L.A. is a big hub with Giant Robot and other toy conventions there. Any involvement with that?

Akiko: I did toy character design for Lego when I first got out of school. I quickly moved on to editorial illustration when I moved to New York. I haven’t been involved in any of the toy conventions as movie poster work became the majority of my projects when I moved back to Los Angeles in 2004.

If you had to recreate the movie poster for ‘In The Mood For Love’, how would you approach it?

Akiko: I actually really love the red poster released for it. If I had to take a stab at recreating it, I’d illustrate it of course, referencing 1940′s Chinese art.

akiko2

You stated L.A. wasn’t a good inspirational place for your art. I would think, since everyone is an artist out there, it would be easy. Why do you find the source of creativity out there difficult?

Akiko: Though I don’t by any means take my work too seriously or consider it fine art, I feel a lot of people out here do art for the wrong reasons because it’s now “cool”. It also could just be how things are these days in general and I’m having a hard time excepting it. I feel a lot of people are more interested in fame than acknowledgement for good work. People are more concerned about getting out there, rather than what they’re getting out there. Don’t get me started about “likes” either. I’m not saying there is no good work in L.A. as I have a lot of amazingly talented people around me. It’s just harder to find because you really have to weed through some major douches. It’s also hard to find jeans in L.A. that don’t have excessive stitching or weird pockets.

[Laughs] Do you create movie posters for films you are a fan of personally? Or is it just work, no matter what?

Akiko: If it becomes “just work”, then I have to move on to new challenges or even a new career. I don’t see the point in the attitude of just clocking in and out for anyone truly creative. A truly creative person is not content without growing and new challenges. Even when working on some major doozers, the challenge is making a poster that I would find interesting regardless of how crappy the film. I really cherish when I get to create movie posters for films or directors that I respect. But for other projects, the main challenge is finding a way to make the poster making process interesting for me even if the film isn’t, and hopefully it shows in the end result.

akiko5

Want to keep tabs on all of Akiko’s upcoming projects or explore his past works? Follow her cookie crumb trail below:

http://akikomatic.com/

Image Credits:

Funny Games – Official One Sheet
Key Art Award Finalist 2009
Client: Warner Independent
Creative Director: Jon Manheim, Crew Creative
Art Director & Illustrator: Akiko Stehrenberger

400 Blows-Official Blu-Ray DVD Cover – Artist Series
Creative Director: Pablo Maqueda, Avalon, Spain
Art Director & Illustrator: Akiko Stehrenberger

Father’s Day – Official One Sheet
Client: Troma/Astron-6
Art Director & Illustrator: Akiko Stehrenberger

Casa De Mi Padre – Official One Sheet
Bronze Key Art Award/Clio Winner 2011
Client: Lionsgate
Creative Director: Damon Wolf, Cimarron Group
Art Director & Illustrator: Akiko Stehrenberger

Code Unknown – Official Blu-Ray DVD Cover – Artist Series
Client: Michael Haneke
Creative Director: Pablo Maqueda, Avalon, Spain
Art Director & Illustrator: Akiko Stehrenberger

Speechless – Review
Feb 8th 2013, 00:02

reviewchineseheader
speechless

A guy is found by the police swimming naked. He can’t, or refuses to, speak and is sent to a hospital. Since no diagnosis can be made, he will be transferred to a mental hospital, when his male nurse decides to take another route. Slowly the reason for his speechlessness becomes clear. Together with the nurse’s girlfriend and a female friend of the silent stranger, their history is explained. The ending of the film is deliberately ambiguous and raises more questions than it answers about both the characters' relationships and the relationship between China and the West. Luke's attitude to his relationship with Han is different because he's more relaxed about being gay and it's as if the fact of Luke's nationality is a deliberate strategy to contrast those attitudes, but also to examine what can happen when cultures with varying degrees of acceptance try to come together.

This naked man, known mostly throughout the film as the foreigner and played by Pierre-Mathieu Vital, says nothing to the Chinese police officers who bring him in after he is found on a river bank, passed out and being poked at with sticks by local children. They aren't sure at first if he is just being difficult or not but eventually send him to a psychiatric hospital for treatment under the belief that his inability to speak is trauma induced. They are correct in their assumption and the rest of the film becomes a journey to piece together precisely what this mystery man is running away from. Luke, as we come to know the foreigner's name to be later on, is joined by Jiang (Gao Qilun), a nurse who helps Luke escape the authorities to pursue his past. Their chemistry is undeniable.

speechless2

The two Chinese characters in my film are both from small towns, and for such people, homosexuality is mostly underground. Some may not even be aware of their own sexual desires. Of course nowadays with the Internet people can read about such things, but it'd be difficult for them to find someone to have sex with, much less a sustained relationship. (Mind you, Grindr and Facebook are both banned in China.) Perhaps some will have furtive encounters in public baths or toilets, and that's it. Most gay men and women in China have heterosexual marriages, even in big cities. So for Han and Jiang in the film, they would probably not have acted out their sexuality until they had met Luke. I think Luke was traumatized because he held himself responsible for Han's comatose state. He felt that if it wasn't for him, Han would have just went on with his relationship with Ning, and eventually gotten married. He was also hit by the realization that an innocent college romance would have such dire consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVdN9Xb1p4

As a screenwriter, I feel Simon Chung was trying out different things with narrative structure, such as how the film shifts gear when Luke leaves the hospital, and again when Ning appears. Also he was playing with different narrative perspectives, such as when Ning tells her version of the story, and later on you see things from Luke's perspective. The inspiration for the film came from the "Piano Man," a guy who washed up off the eastern coast of England a few years ago. There was no ID on him and he refused to speak, so they took him to a mental hospital. He was given a piano and started playing, and stories became circulating of him being a musical genius who went mad, like the guy in “Shine.” In reality he was a gay student from Germany who had a mental breakdown. This film was very emotional and one I can recommend.
speechlessrating

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire