dimanche 14 juillet 2013

Your Daily digest for pipe naruto

pipe naruto
Pipes Output
thumbnail Fantasista Doll - Episode 2 - Sasara Sara Sara - You're my "master"?
Jul 14th 2013, 18:30


thumbnail Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories - Episode 1 - The Talisman Woman
Jul 14th 2013, 17:45


thumbnail Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist - Episode 2 - Pillar 2 - Human and Angel
Jul 14th 2013, 17:05


Dantalion, one of the many candidates for Lucifer's throne, decides to live in the human world an attend William's school and lobby the young noble to choose him as Hell's ruler, but he gets more than he bargained for when William's friend Isaac accidentally summons one of his competitors!

thumbnail The Eccentric Family - Episode 2 - Mom and Raijin, God of Thunder
Jul 14th 2013, 15:00


Yasaburo visits Yajiro, who lives in the bottom of a well as a frog and forgot how to transform back into himself. When a storm comes, the three non-frog Shimogamo brothers race to help their mother, who is terrified of thunder.

thumbnail Teekyu 2 - Episode 14 - We Were Soldiers with Senpai
Jul 14th 2013, 14:30


thumbnail Hunter x Hunter - Episode 88
Jul 14th 2013, 03:30


thumbnail Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker - Episode 131 - Eternal Marionette
Jul 14th 2013, 01:30


Ren and a Reversal-recovered Suiko finally find Asaka, but it's too late: she's been Reversed, too! Asaka throws down the gauntlet to Ren, and if he loses this match, he'll be made into her mindless marionette.

thumbnail Folktales from Japan - Episode 67
Jul 14th 2013, 00:30


Creative Spotlight: Episode #243 – David Wong
Jul 12th 2013, 00:04

davidwong

David Wong is a violin player who has produced videos on YouTube for several years. He has done violin covers (of course) for songs such as Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe, Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child and fun's We Are Young but he generally plays all genres. His self titled cover EP was just released recently so go check it out! We talk about how he first came to love the violin, the process he does doing a YouTube video and his new EP. We have included the full audio interview below and below the player is the full text interview for your reading pleasure…

When did the violin first become a part of your life?

David: I started playing violin when I was four. Basically my mom asked me if I wanted to play violin or piano and I picked violin. I couldn't tell you why. I stuck with it ever since. There was a small year or few months where I picked up Cello but that definitely did not stick. I've been playing violin since I was four so for 22 years, almost 23.

What was the first song you learned how to play on the violin?

David: Twinkle (twinkle little star). That was definitely the first song I ever learned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDKBMvHJcFY

I know you majored in Asian studies as well as music. In regards to your Asian studies major, what have you done with it that has helped shape your life?

David: That's a good question but unfortunately not so much. I took it because I started taking Chinese cause I'm half Chinese. I started taking Chinese cause there was a two year language requirement. I liked a lot of the aspects of the Asian culture and Asian cinema and I used to like anime a lot but I don't watch much anymore. I played a lot of video games. I got really into DDR. That being said, I don't do much with it now. I had a lot of friends who were Asian. I guess I'm not using the major as much as I'm definitely using the music more.

I know you do a lot of YouTube videos and you cover songs of any genre. For you personally, what's the process of doing a cover and does the process change from one genre to the next?

David: That's a solid question. It really depends on the song and what kind of cover I'm doing. To start off, when I first started doing covers, basically the process is, I usually tend to cover songs that are stuck in my head whether I like the song or not. I do them all by ear besides maybe one or two, I've never really written out any of them. Most of the covers that are on my YouTube channel I started and put out within a few hours.

What's a song that you would like to cover but you have never got around to doing it?

David: That's a really good question. This one is really random. You know Megaman 2? It's just such a weird thing to do (and) it's a lot of effort to put in for a really short song so who knows if there's going to be much interest. That's definitely one of them. A lot of guitar solo stuff that I haven't gotten around to like Metallica's One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tr2ZToxGU

Can you tell us about some of the ideas you had for your new EP that you wanted to accomplish?

David: Well, I think for this one I saw it as being almost like a demo, like a take home thing. For what was going on it, for the cover tunes, they had to get licensed and everything. Basically the goal was to put together the best ones. So, the stuff that's going to be on the EP, all things where I play all the tracks or that I worked on for almost the entire track.

For you, what is it about music that you believe makes it such a great healer and emotional connector?

David: I think especially for me, music has been a way of expressing myself. I always seen it as a very emotional outlet, anything that I feel definitely goes into the violin. I've always been a very connected player when I'm playing. I definitely play with a lot of feeling. I close my eyes a lot which is something I'm trying to get away from cause I know it can distance you from the audience but I always find myself closing my eyes as a very internal process when I'm playing. But I think that musicians tend to be some of the most passionate people for what they do mainly because I think one of the reasons is as a whole musician is a very underpaid profession. I think it's true that musicians really love music because they are just trying their hardest to do everything they can even if they don't make it. A lot of people are still trying.

What kinds of struggles have you personally encountered that have helped you become the person you are today?

David: One of my biggest faults is sometimes I'm a little lazy. Sometimes I'm a lot a lazy. I have a lot of ideas and I have a lot of things I want to do and sometimes I don't do them. I'm getting a little better at it but I think my biggest struggle is really kicking myself and completing things and pushing myself a little bit harder. It's held me back for sure but it's getting better and I'm liking more things and getting the opportunities to do bigger and better things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRq92pV7SDg

What are some of your favorite Asian films and/or anime?

David: I love Oldboy. Anything Miyazaki. Jet Li, Tony Jaa.

Can you give us some words of encouragement for those who have struggled to follow their dreams?

David: The biggest thing I usually tell people is that you have to be patient with yourself. Everybody runs differently and it's very easy to give up. If you really believe that you are good enough and try hard enough and push yourself to get there, then you totally can. There's a reason that there are people that get there. It's because, yeah some people get lucky, but the general amount of them have just been pushing and pushing so that they end up at the right place at the right time. "Preparation meets opportunity." I really like that quote. I think you just keep doing what you're doing and if you think you are doing a good job and you're getting better at it then I generally think people are successful. I think the people that generally fail are if they just stop or they decide to not do it anymore for one reason or another. It's not necessarily they fail at life or they fail at all, they just stop and decide it's not for them and go and do something else. I think persistence is really key and if you love it, then just keep doing it. The more you work at it, the better you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igXzRCfLa8Y

Want to stay up to date on all of David’s music and videos? Follow his cookie crumb trail below:

Subscribe here! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=dieselchew137
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/The_David_Wong
“Like” me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/electricviolin

Pacific Rim – Review
Jul 12th 2013, 00:03

americanreviewheader
pacificrim

With the obvious nod to anime, the plot is simple. Kaiju (monsters) from another dimension break through to ours and wage war on the planet and us humans must do what we can to stop them. So we build giant machines called Jaegers. General audiences are doing the worst thing by comparing this to Transformers or Battleship simply because of some simple image traits. Well I’m here to tell you that you’re way off and also working comparisons in the wrong league. Del Toro has crafted an insane amalgamation of Sci-Fi, old-school thrills, special effects and brilliantly entertaining set pieces that all meld together in beautiful harmony, with just enough satisfying human moments and arcs that carry a nice balance of emotion and camp. It all blends well with the loopiness of it all. Its Guillermo Del Toro’s trademarks turned up to 11, all while going nuts and having fun with his toys. There’s just so much to love, that not even some minor pacing problems or a couple of sub-par performances can destroy the experience. Mainly its in the lesser background characters, but for me I’d say that Charlie Hunnam doesn’t quite shine in the lead. He’s certainly more than commendable, but he just doesn’t break out here. Idris Elba steals the spotlight with a look and a bellowed delivery and its amusing to watch and Rinko Kikuchi has such an incredible skill with her mannerism and in her eyes, that’s its a shock that she isn’t in more films. Ron Perlman comes and goes and works his usual incredible moments.

However, if I can backtrack and talk about Rinko some more, The lead female character is Mako Mori, an aspiring Jaeger fighter, with a painful past. She is portrayed by Japanese actress Rinko Kikuchi, who we should remember was nominated for Best Supporting Actress back in 2006 for her role in “Babel”. Here, she appeared to be confused on how to properly portray her role, so she did not come across too strongly as her character should have been. The films successes go beyond its imagery and continued invention within battle scenes as the script is very economical when it comes to pacing. The films battle scenes are so engaging and exciting due to clearly established stakes present which left me devoid of the “action fatigue” transformers loves to throw my way. And although the Kaiju battles seem to never be in short supply, the film essentially follows the rule of three when it comes to battle sequences and left me oh so satisfied.

pacificrim2

Kaiju designs are of course not childish (comparing to Godzilla movies from Japan), as it is more chilling and frightening, since Del Toro’s experience in making “monsters” is beyond perfection. Also the destruction caused by the monsters are illustrated nicely, as we are shown how the earth, cities, and its people are transformed, years after the attack. As for the Jaeger, they have a very excellent design, with various forms, and human pilots (remind us of the mobile suit in Gundam series, or the robot in the movie Robot Jox in the late 80′s), a very unique concept which make a good response for the Kaiju attack in an intense, life risking fight. Like last years Les Miserables, Rim makes the unfortunate error of trying to fit in 3-4 hours worth of storytelling into just over two. Which is unfortunate considering Pacific Rim’s all round story is it’s strongest element. Though taken from many sources, (and by no means, anything that original) it shapes a very well-throughout premise with detail and conviction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag

Legendary Pictures have outdone themselves and produced an original film outside of their usual comfort zone i.e. superhero films. We can look forward to Legendary building on their giant monster film experience with “Godzilla” set to release in 2014 through Warner Bros. Entertainment, after which Legendary are rumored to be signing a new contract with Universal Pictures – with the expiration of their Warner Bros. contract at the end of 2014. Pacific Rim is triumphant above the rest of the blockbuster herd. It knows what is missing from the norm and just goes crazy with it. Its a big, giant load of awesome fun. Prepare your jaw muscles, because you’ll be smiling throughout.
pacificrimrating

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire