mardi 7 mai 2013

Your Daily digest for pipe naruto

pipe naruto
Pipes Output
thumbnail YUYUSHIKI - Episode 5
May 7th 2013, 20:00


thumbnail AIURA - Episode 5 - Incident
May 7th 2013, 17:05


Hello, I'm Uehara Ayuko. We find out this episode that I could die at any time. Thank goodness. Er, wait, that's not it! In this episode, I end up killing Kanakana... That's not it either! I wonder why I feel like I'm being messed around with as soon as I started high school...

thumbnail Sparrow's Hotel - Episode 5 - Golden Week!
May 7th 2013, 12:30


Creative Spotlight: Episode #224 – Rui Matsunaga
May 7th 2013, 00:04

ruiheader

Japanese born Rui Matsunaga is a London based artist whose distinctive paintings and drawings invent an alluring world in which cartoon icons and luminaries of pop culture meet with magical spirits and ancient mythologies. Her figures introduce us to a kind of contemporary folklore, and as critic Morgan Falconer suggests, ‘show us the shapes and attributes of what we might call Modern Gods’. Matsunaga reclaims her figurative imagery from a variety of sources including magazines, films, books and the Internet. Some of the artist’s characters come from the distinctive world of Manga and the broad genres of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Read below for the full interview…

You currently reside in London and it seems Asian art is very prominent there as international auctioneers of rare Imperial and Export Chinese ceramics. Is it a challenge at all developing your artwork in a foreign land?

Rui: I feel the opposite of it being more difficult to develop my work because I live in London. By being in such a culturally diverse city, I come to be more aware of otherwise what was unnoticed in me, which is very useful to develop the work.

What role does folklore play in your art and where did this interest in myths enter at what stage in your life?

Rui: We had kids TV program called "Once upon a time in Japan" (Nihon Mukashi Banashi) every Saturday night which gave  3 animation folk stories each time. I enjoyed watching them since 7 years old. They had a story like a deep haunted pond was exocised only to find it was resided by huge white dragon as a guardian who flew to the sky, or metal baby boy was born from mountain hug to become a hero to defeat alcohol drinking giants (Oni). I was fascinated by those stories full of wonders and imagination and through these atomospheres of stories interpreted and related the world around me as I lived in a relatively rural area. It was much later on that I realized these story had many layers, often talking about the story of suppressed/oppressed race and cultures in symbolic manners.

rui3

You have a show at Beastly Hall that showcases unlikely monsters and unnatural beings. Could you tell us a bit how you approached this theme and your creative process?

Rui: I did not make work specifically for this theme. Work was made already and Art Wise (curater) has selected them.

A lot can be said about how a subject walks, carries themselves, the way they wear their hair, etc. How do you incorporate such subtle nuances into your work and how receptive is your audience to picking up these small, yet important, details?

Rui: These nuances are very important fro me. Ultimately these nuances are one of the prominent way to communicate the world I want to create there, where animal and plant talk, dance, pray like human, and the boundary between human and other beings starts to melt as they are fundamentally mythological language which overcome any normal sense of logic and reasoning of everyday.

Manga is also an influence of yours. Could you go into detail how these publications, and maybe even anime, have an impact on your work?

Rui: Hayao Miyazaki's work is a huge influence on my work. I watched "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" when I was sixteen. It became my mythology, by which I mean they gave me a perspective/understanding on what is happening in the world I am living in and basic relationship between myself and the world around me in a prophetic way. My childhood 70's and early 80's Japan was still going through intense industrialization and expansion which also caused lots of environmental concern. Nausicaa's post apocalyptic world where giant worms guard fungus forest which cleanse the toxin human has created did have a deep reality even by then. Miyazaki does not try to describe about the struggle between nature and human world but always it is more about the journey and search of someone who can intermediate between them. I think this is the theme of comtemporary world and mythology of this planet.

Also I love the way he draw animal and especially their face and movement as it has such love and understanding in it backed by acute observation. When I make my work general tone of balance between positiveness and negativeness is something I learned from his work.

rui2

Aside from which, what are some of your favorite Asian films?

Rui: Princess Mononoke, Laputa, Spirited Away, Drunken Masters, and Mr. Vampire.

The type of art you produce, the aesthetic debate in America has endlessly circled around the contradiction between so-called autonomous or pure art on the one hand and engaged or political art on the other. How important is it as an artist to have autonomy in your process?

Rui: I just create what my heart want to do. I am not thinking whether the works are autonomous. I am not sure anything can be truly autonomous in such an interconnected world.

On the other side of the coin, even if you agree art is autonomous, that autonomy is a product of a fundamental unfreedom—an unfreedom before which artists are extremely vulnerable. Since you give so much of yourself in your artwork (your feelings, imagination, passion, etc.), do you ever have a sense of uneasiness when you release art to the masses?

Rui: I do feel vulnerable, but that is ok. I enjoy looking at other people's work. Some I like, some not, some I love. I will be really happy if someone happen to like  what I like. But everyone has different view and senses.

rui4

Regarding formal education, how has your masters degree aided you in your career and has it heightened your sense of technique and fundamentals?

Rui: Doing MA and painting in my studio on my own are not so different for me. However, being Royal Academy and able to look at old masters works in their old building has broadened my interest and appreciation towards old masters.

Lastly, any advice for any artists who may be struggling?

Rui: Follow your heart.

rui5

Want to stay up to date on Rui’s work? Visit the official site below:

http://www.ruimatsunaga.com/

Godzilla – Review
May 7th 2013, 00:02

americanreviewheader
godzilla1988

Well this is a bad one. I'll be honest I have a complicated view on this movie; I was eight when this movie came out and I was obsessed with monster films. My parents let me watch King Kong, Jurassic Park 1 and 2, Jaws and pretty much anything else I could get my hands on from the Toho universe. So when I started seeing the ads for this movie originally I knew I needed to see and when I did my eight year old self was not disappointed, and my mom was awesome enough to take me to this movie twice in theaters!(how she could stomach that I'll never know.) I know that anything but heaping on the odium for this film is completely out of the norm and I have never met anyone who has said anything nice about it. I am alone in my nostalgic enjoyment I understand that so I'll try and deconstruct this films negatives(don't think I don't see them) and present what I see as overlooked positives. I will also offer up the one suggestion I think would have made everything in this movie awesome.

Off his success from Independence Day, Roland Emmerich took the reins on what is the beginning of the Millennium series of Godzilla films. He seemed like a great choice having experience in the "popcorn genre" and an understanding of the use of special effects to accentuate film. It had been about five years since a Godzilla movie had been made and this was the first once since 1985 to play in American theaters. This is also the first attempt at a true remake of the original, although later films put this in continuity the idea was for this to be a standalone American Godzilla, and after the great Jurassic Park films American audiences were ready for something special. What we got instead was well…deficient.

godzilla19882

I will fully admit this film has many flaws; the acting is so dry it's like choking on raw oatmeal. The dialog is stilted and cheesy. Most of the characters are about as interesting as the history of taxation rates in Scandinavia. The ending rips off The Lost world, the characters are frustrating, and it's perfectly accepted that a giant lizard can hide in New York City. On that note Godzilla is lame in this movie she looks really weird and seems to change size all the time. She also spends most of the movie running away from tanks… Tanks! Godzilla doesn't run from tanks. There was no monster for Godzilla to square off against and the film wasn't clever enough to make it a more complex story about mans need to control nature. The movie's premise and execution are almost completely at odds with each other. Setting the Godzilla lore within a grounded and more realistic world wasn't handled well. Godzilla is inherently a silly one so setting it realistically leaves the audience frustrated this isn't Batman we are dealing with this is a Giant city destroying lizard. To further underline the failure the movie almost always leaves the audience confused. If it was supposed to be serious if we are supposed to be in constant tension for our characters lives, why is everyone hamming it up and chewing the scenery? How can the audience relate to the situation on a meaningful grounded setting when every character makes jokes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXUD6YH-5A

Even though this movie is a terrible use of the monsters name I still like it and think that many of the positives get forgotten through all the disappointment. The opening scene where the fishing ship gets destroyed by an unseen force is brilliant. It plays into the slow reveal all good monster flicks have and it gives a level on mystic the monster needed. The scene where the American fishing boats sink adds to this and builds excitement to finally see the monster. Even though the monsters new design is underwhelming. The Philippe Roaché character is fantastically wasted in this movie. He is by far more interesting than anyone else and the acting by Jean Reno gets criminally little screen time. The movie should have followed him and told his story. You know what else would have improved this movie? I think they should have gone all the way and embraced the silliness of the original series and made this a sequel to Independence Day leaving for a third film Godzilla vs. alien plot. If I didn't have nostalgia goggles I could probably hate this movie, but I don't I just look at it as the start of the underwhelming unneeded age of the Godzilla film series.
godzilla1988rating

thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 11 - Pardon Me
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 10 - Dirty Stray Cat
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 9 - Come to Rescue You
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 8 - Deeply Indebted to Two People
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 7 - Thoughtless of Me
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 6 - Consider Yourself Fortunate
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 12 - Already Wasted
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 2 - Make Love to Me
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 1 - In Name Only
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 3 - Gradually Get Him Involved
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 4 - Sure Does Get Carried Away
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail House of Five Leaves - Episode 5 - It'll Be Fine
May 7th 2013, 00:00


thumbnail Behind the Smoke - Dai Yoshihara Formula Drift 2011/2012 Season - Episode 63 - Formula Drift Long Beach Finals 2013 - BTS3 - Daijiro Yoshihara
Apr 29th 2013, 22:51


The final day of Formula Drift Long Beach has arrived. Will Daijiro Yoshihara and his Discount Tire/America's Tire, Falken Tire Nissan S13 take him to the podium? Dai will have to get through Fredric Aasbo, Chelsea Denofa, and Vaughn Gittin Jr. if he wants the carbon fiber trophy. Music: "Like A Dead Pixels" by LukHash "First Cut" by Heet Seas Available at Jamendo.com Behind the Smoke Season 3 (BTS3) is a web reality series about 2011 Formula Drift Champion Daijiro Yoshihara. The cameras capture Dai and his team on and off the tracks. BTS3 is produced by GTChannel in association with Discount Tire/America's Tire. GTChannel is a CAR.VIDEO.NETWORK on Youtube with over 8 Million monthly views and 20 partner channels.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire